I love to sew, to craft, to be creative, to design, to photograph…the list goes on! I have a list about a mile long of projects that I am expecting to get done in the next month or two and and really hoping that I can photograph the process and put together tutorials for many of them. Some of these projects are a first attempt and can, of course, end in a not so beautiful final product. That being said, it’s important to remember that “with failure comes knowledge” and in the event of a failed project I can at the least issue some “what not to do” tips.
I am going to attempt to list everything that I have in the works right now. THE LIST is going to start with the highest priority projects and works it’s way down through all of the things I want to get done. These high priority projects primarily consist of all of the things I have to finish before Merrick’s birthday on February 29. All he wants is a bounce house and a new Star Wars bedroom, and being the super mom that I am, I plan on making his room AWESOME! (and yes, he’s getting a bounce house for a day thanks to his Nana) I am lucky that he is still young enough to really appreciate the things that I make for him.
- Sew: Star Wars bedding (toddler fitted sheet, comforter, sham & throw pillow)
- Sew: Star Wars curtain panels w/blackout lining
- Sand and refinish toddler bed
- Transform the McQueen table & stools into Star Wars (prime, paint, decoupage w/fabric, seal)
- Make a sign that reads “I am a Jedi, like my father before me.” Unsure how I want to do this as of right now and I would love to hear ideas from anyone who has one!
- Sew: slip cover for the chair and foot stool in his room. Headrest must have “Jedi” appliqued on it. Once again not sure how I’m going to do this one. The chair is from Ikea and it’s read so it would match technically…I’m not sure how to make it where it won’t sag around the current cushion…ideas?
- Repaint room
- Turn ceiling into a glowing planetarium!
- Sew: mei tei baby carrier for my bestest friend Sara, man, she needs one!
- Hand sew: finish my grandmothers sock lion
- Hand sew: a super cute sock bear for Hassan
- Mount my new owl photos on canvas – first decorate/paint canvas to match
- Sew: 3 ring slings for Chase’s 3 pregnant cousins
- Sew: apron I’ve been promising my Grandma since Christmas. This is going to be retro and based off of a 50s pattern I have! I can’t wait for this one!
- Sew: matching pot holders
- Sew: myself a table cloth & bar runner to match new kitchen decor
- Sew: FINALLY get my super hero theme ankle length skirt made…I’ve been excited about this for a couple of months now 🙂
I also HAVE to get the kids down to the park and take some new pictures. I just need a warm, sunny day to do it…preferably when Dada is home to help keep these crazy boys under control!
Man, I didn’t ever think I was going to get to the end of this list! I feel like I could get this done a lot faster if there were about 10 extra hours of mama time in each day!
I can’t wait to sharing my crafting adventures!